Are you tired of searching for solutions on how to fix Norton error 3048 3? If unfortunately, your Windows is also showing the same error message, then you surely need to fix it soon. Many people facing the issues Norton has Encountered an Error 3048 3 while browsing the Norton web address or installing the antivirus application on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
This article contains the most effective solutions to fix Norton security error 3048 3. Not only the solutions but, you will also be taken through the most possible reasons and the symptoms of the same error. Stay tuned.
What Causes Norton Error 3048 3?
If your Norton has encountered an error 3048 3, there are many reasons behind it. We have compiled a list of some of the most possible reasons that are mentioned below.
- You may receive a Norton error message 3048 3 if the Windows registry is corrupt due to recently bought Norton Antivirus.
- You may encounter Norton error 3048 3 if you have left the installation process of Norton Antivirus software in the middle.
- At times, the update server stops working due to the maintenance purposes and this leads to Norton Symantec error 3048 3 in your personal computer.
- If any other security provider program interrupts with the Norton antivirus related files and damages the imperative stuff, your system can detect Norton Symantec Error 3048 3.
- Your system is encountering Norton error 3048.3 because the Auto-Update feature of Norton suddenly stops working.
- At times, infections presented in viruses or malware programs corrupt the other effective antivirus software. Hence, the Windows system files get corrupted as well, which leads to problems such as Norton 3048 3 error.
If your Norton Internet Security has encountered an error 3048 3 due to any unknown reason not mentioned in the list above, then you can fix these errors by applying the most effective troubleshooting solutions. Before jumping into the solutions, let’s look into the symptoms of the Norton error 3048 3.
What are the Symptoms of Norton Error 3048 3?
Below are a few points that can help in defining the symptoms of the error 3048 3 appears on my Norton antivirus.
- ‘Norton Error 3048 3 has occurred in Windows 7’ will prompt on your screen
- Norton has encountered an error 3048 3 randomly and crashes all the on-going programs in the Windows
- Windows 10 is running slothful and not responding to the cursor or keyboard input.
- Your Macbook Air may randomly hang up for a few moments at times.
- Your system may crash with ‘Norton Error 3048 3’ prompting while running any program more than once.
If Norton has encountered an error 3048 in your Windows or other operating system, the above-mentioned symptoms will be experienced by you. If you no longer want to experience them then, follow the given solutions and get rid of Norton error 3048 3 in no time.
How to Fix Norton Error 3048 3?
There are multiple ways to resolve Norton Error 3048 3. You may apply one or more of the below-mentioned solutions. Though we suggest you to choose the type of the solution as per the reason why your Norton has encountered an error 3048 3. In case, you could not find the reason for this occurrence, try and follow all the solutions one by one to get rid of Norton error 3048 3.
Repairing Norton Registry Entries
If your system has been encountered with Norton Symantec error 3048 3 because of wrong Norton registry inputs then, you must follow the below-mentioned steps and repair all the Registry entries regarding Norton antivirus. Before starting with the steps, do not forget to create a backup for files that you will be repairing to fix Norton error 3048 3.
- Close all the open programs on your Windows system and navigate towards the ‘Start’ button
- Find and open ‘Norton Utilities’ folder and when a dialogue box pops up, check if your ‘Norton Antivirus Account’ is displayed. If yes, click on the ‘Continue’
- Now, navigate towards the right corner of the box and click on the ‘Clean Your Registry’ option.
Once you select this option, it will scan all the Registry entries regarding Norton Antivirus and once the scanning is done, a list including all will be displayed.
- Once you could see the list of all the corrupted or wrong Registry Entries, navigate towards the ‘Repair’ gear and click on it.
- Confirm your choice of repairing by clicking on ‘Continue’ and leave your system for a while.
This process may take a bit time as all the corrupted and wrong Registry entries will be repaired. Once, they are repaired you will be notified. Restart your system to start afresh. We hope after implementing the aforementioned steps, the Norton error 3048 3 is fixed. If not, read the next method.
Uninstall & Reinstall Norton Antivirus
Usually Norton error 3048 3 occurs due to incomplete or wrong installation, removing the installed Norton antivirus application on your system and reinstalling the same correctly will help you get rid of Norton security error 3048 3. The below-mentioned steps will guide you in implementing the method.
- Start your Windows operating system and go to the ‘Start’ option
- Select the ‘Control Panel’ option and open the folder. Then, navigate yourself towards the ‘Norton Antivirus’ program located on the same folder
- Right-click on the folder and click on the option of ‘Uninstall or Remove the Program’
- A list ‘Programs inside Norton Antivirus’ will be displayed on your screen, select the option of ‘View by Category’ and select all the programs of Norton Antivirus you would want to remove from your system.
- Select the button of ‘Uninstall’ and the uninstallation process will automatically start. Leave your system until it completes.
Once you apply the aforementioned steps, the Norton antivirus application will be removed from your system and with this you have completed the half way to fix Norton error 3048 3. Now, you are ready to reinstall the same internet security software on your system. Follow the below-mentioned correct steps and download.
- Head to the Norton website and navigate towards the ‘Download’ option
- Choose your preferred Norton Antivirus Program and hit the button of ‘Download’Let the software download and once it’s done, follow the enlisted steps.
- Go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and open it. Navigate towards the recently download file of ‘Norton Antivirus’
- Open the downloaded file of ‘Norton’ (named as ‘NRnR.exe.) And click on the option ‘Install’
- Accept the ‘Terms and Condition’ and click on the ‘Run’ to start the application.
After applying the aforementioned steps, you will be able to reinstall the Norton application successfully. Make sure that you do not lose internet connection in the middle of the process otherwise you can encounter the same Norton error 3048 3 again.
Hope that now you could fix Norton security error 3048 3, if not read the next troubleshooting method.
Run Norton’s LiveUpdate App
The third method to get rid of Norton Symantec error 3048 3 is one of the easiest methods. Try and follow the below-mentioned steps and run Norton’s LiveUpdate application on your Windows operating system.
Before starting with the steps, make sure you have Norton Internet Security launched on your system.
- Open the system and go to the ‘Search’ option
- Enter ‘Security’ and wait for the search results
- Open the ‘Security’ folder and find the ‘Live Update’ in the same
- Hit the option of ‘Norton LiveUpdate’ and leave your system. After this, it will scan your device and install the live updates.
- Once the process of update is complete, click on the ‘Apply Now’ gear
- Wait for a while and once the process is complete, hit the button of ‘Restart’ and start your system with Norton error 3048 3.
We hope that this much detailed article helped you in knowing and solving the ‘Norton Error 3084 3’. Though we assume all the steps of each method are easy to execute still, if you think that Norton internet security has encountered an error 3048 3 in your Windows, connect with our tech experts over a chat and get any error fixed like Norton security error 3048 3.