Norton antivirus is very efficient in blocking various viruses, malware, and other harmful stuff from entering your system. If you want the Norton Internet Security program to always perform well, you must update the program every few months. While installing new updates, there are chances to encounter Norton error 8504. If you are also facing the same error again and again, here is the guide that will come handy. This guide will not only take you through the most effective solutions but also make you understand why Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104 and what are the symptoms of this common error.
What is Norton Error 8504 And Its Types?
Norton Error 8504 generally occurs while updating or starting the Norton Internet Security software. This error can be pretty hazardous as the error interferes with regular program proceedings. Below are the types of error messages you may receive while encountering error code 8504.
- Norton security has encountered an error 8504
- Norton internet security error 8504 and 100
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton security suite error 8504 101
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton 360 error 8504 104
- Norton Error 8504 106
Have you been notifying with any of the aforementioned messages? Then your Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104, you need to fix it as soon as possible before reading the content mentioned below to know what causes the Norton Error 8504.
What Causes Norton Error 8504?
Though there can be numerous reasons why Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104, some of the most possible reasons are enlisted. Read and try to understand the error closely before jumping on to the solutions to fix Norton error 8504.
- At times, due to a lack of security services, Norton internet security antivirus could not detect and protect the system from viruses or any malware software. Therefore the antivirus itself gets corrupt and encounters the Norton security error 8504 and 100
- If you download a corrupt file by mistake while downloading any file from the Norton antivirus, then Norton error 8504 104 may occur.
- On leaving the installation procedure in the middle, Norton error 8504 may pop up on your screen.
- If any Norton file or antivirus product gets deleted mistakenly, Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104
- While updating the Norton antivirus software, if the Windows registry gets corrupted you may face many Norton error 8504 messages.
There may be more reasons for this error that we did not mention in the aforementioned list. Irrespective of the reasons for the error, you can always fix the error if you have been guided well. Follow the below-mentioned methods to fix Norton error 8504.
Some Common Symptoms of Norton Error 8504?
Below are some of the symptoms mentioned that you may face after encountering Norton Error 8504.
- Windows will run very slowly and respond very slowly to the mouse and its peripherals.
- The Window operating system might get crashed due to Norton security error 8504 and 100
- At times, even the system might get stuck while working on an important project.
If you are already facing such symptoms and no longer want to face them, follow the most effective solutions of how to fix Norton error 8504 and resolve it in a jiffy.
How to Fix Norton Error 8504?
Remove Antivirus And Reinstall To Fix Norton Error 8504
This is one of the most effective methods that are easy to execute. Remove the Norton antivirus software and reinstall the same by implementing the below-mentioned instructions and fix if your Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104 in a jiffy.
- Start the Windows operating system and press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the dialogue box and hit the button of ‘Enter’
- The installed program and software will appear on your screen
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Non-Symantec’ security product and click on it to open
- Select the option of ‘Remove and Uninstall’ to delete the Norton Antivirus software fro your Windows
- A confirmation will pop on your screen, hit the option of ‘Yes, I am Sure’ and the uninstallation process of Norton Antivirus software will start.
Wait for a while and let the software uninstall. Once, it is removed from your Windows you must follow the below-mentioned steps and reinstall it to fix Norton error 8504.
Remove Norton and Reinstall
Are you fed up of dealing with Norton antivirus error 8504, this error can also occur if you have not installed the Norton antivirus program accurately. Uninstall and reinstall the program again and fix this error in no time. If you are not familiar with the correct steps, follow the below-mentioned steps one by one.
- Go to the official website of Norton and download the ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool
- Once the tool is downloaded, press ‘Control’ and ‘J’ keys together and the downloaded file will open
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘NRnR’ icon and to ‘Run’ the file, double-click on it
- Hit the option of ‘Agree’ and remove the software by clicking on ‘Remove’
- Step: Once the Norton Antivirus software is removed, apply the installation process and reinstall the software to get rid of Norton security error 8504 and 100.
To know the steps wise method of how to install the ‘Norton Internet Security Antivirus’ program, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Start the Windows and open any compatible internet browser
- Head to the official website of Norton Antivirus and search for the recent version of the Norton version as per your compatibility.
- Select the version and hit the option of ‘Download’
Once the Norton Antivirus program is downloaded, go to the ‘Downloads’ file and search for the file to open
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions click on ‘Run’ to install the version
Once the Norton antivirus program is successfully downloaded and installed, complete the required formality so that the program starts functioning without encountering any Norton security error 8504 104. Even after following the above-mentioned steps if the error has not resolved, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Update Norton Software
When you use outdated application drivers then they may lose their compatibility and the Norton error 8504 will be caused by your program. Better you upgrade all the old system drivers to the new version and try to delete the error as soon as possible
- Start your Windows operating system and search for ‘Panel Device Manager’
- Choose the correct ‘Device Manager’ and hit the button of ‘Enter’
- Click on the ‘Expand’ to drop down the options, choose your device
- Right-click the device you chose and hit the option of ‘Update Driver’.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Update driver software automatically’ and click on it
- Leave your Windows operating system for a while and let it update the chosen device.
After you update the Norton software restart your device to start afresh. We assume after a fast follow up on the aforementioned method, Norton error 8504 will be fixed.
Remove the Junk Files
Every few months, you must check and remove all the junk files from your Windows or any operating system. Otherwise, the operating system may not perform well and may encounter several errors like Norton security error 8504 and 100. Clean up your system by following the below-mentioned steps and fix Norton error 8504 in no time.
- Start Windows and press on the ‘Windows’ button
- In the search bar, enter ‘Command’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button
- Now, press ‘Control’, ‘Shift’, and ‘Enter’ together and hit the ‘Yes’ button on the dialogue box
- Enter ‘Regedit’ in the search box and enter on ‘Enter’ button
- Now leave the disk to clean the junk drives one by one to make your system free of junk
- Drop down the ‘Categories’ and select the ‘Temporary files’ you want to delete
- Check the selected files and click on ‘Ok’
Once you have applied the aforementioned steps, all the chosen junk files will be deleted automatically. After this process, do not forget to restart or reboot your device and check if again the Norton internet security has encountered an error 8504 104.
Fix Windows Registry Entries
You must edit the Windows registry entries manually if you want to fix Norton error 8504 permanently. Before you apply the below-mentioned steps, make sure that you do not create an error while implementing it as the wrong steps can even damage your operating system. If you do not want to take any risk, make a backup so that you do not lose any important data files.
- Open the Windows operating system and go to the ‘Start Menu’
- Enter ‘Command’ but before hitting the ‘Enter’ key, press ‘Control’, ‘Shift’, and ‘Enter’ altogether.
- In the dialogue box, hit the button of ‘Yes’ and the ‘Permission Box’ will be open
- And again type ‘Command’ in the RegEdit window and press ‘Enter’
- Now, from the given list, select the items that are related to Norton error 8504 and make a backup
- Close the running window and go to the ‘File’ menu to select a file to export
- Provide a ‘Name’ for the backup file and drag the selected files to the ‘Export Range’ menu
- Hit the button of ‘Save’ and get the extension file named, ‘.reg’ in the same folder
After following the aforementioned steps, the Windows registry will be fixed along with the Norton security error 8504 and 100. Restart the operating system and check if the Norton error 8504 still persists.
At times, even bigger errors can be solved by just updating your Windows operating system. If none of the above methods worked for you, follow the below-mentioned steps and update your recent version of your Windows now to fix Norton security suite error 8504 101.
- Open the Windows operating system and navigate yourself towards the ‘Start’ logo
- Type ‘Update’ in the search bar and click on the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard
- A ‘Windows update’ dialogue box will be open, search for the recent updates available
- Hit the option of ‘Install Updates For Windows’ and the system will automatically go on installing the recent updates.
Leave your system for a while, this process might take a little time. Once the Windows operating system is updated, check if you could fix Norton error 8504.
Why Choose us to Fix Norton Error 8504?
All the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions were very effective and can be applied by any common Norton users. We hope that after applying any of the mentioned solutions, the Norton error 8504 must have been fixed. In any case, you are finding difficulties while implementing the steps of the solutions, you can reach us with your query and difficulty. Our technical experts are highly knowledgeable and capable of solving errors such as Norton security error 8504 and 100.